Wednesday, December 14, 2011

EVE


Eve was born Eve Jihan Jeffers on November 10, 1978, she is a rapper, record producer and actress. Eve grew up in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania while she was in school she sang in many choirs Eve formed (Dope Girl Posse or D.G.P.) this group sung songs from En Vogue and Color Me Badd. After Eve’s manager saw this rap group called ABC he said they should rap. Eve went solo after the rap group she formed split up. That was the start of “Eve of Destruction.” Eve became the first female rap artist on Billboard 200 at number one with “Let There Be Eve...Ruff Ryders’ First Lady.” Eve is also an actress she played in Barbershop and Barbershop 2: Back in Business with Ice Cube. Eve appeared with Vin Diesel in xXx, The Cookout with Queen Latifah and The Woodsman with Kevin Bacon. Eve in my opinion is one of the great ladies of rap. Her lyrics in her songs are so deep. The song “Love Is Blind” (featuring Faith Evans) is talking about domestic violence, I love this song she is speaking the truth. Eve’s song “Let Me Blow Your Mind” with Gwen Stefani is so good Eve says “It’s only been a year now I got my foot through the door and I aint goin nowhere”. Eve’s “Gangsta Lovin” (featuring Alicia Key) song is one of my favorites. Eve is in my opinion is and will always be one of the best female lyricist she comes deep and hard. You can hear a mix of Eve songs on Streetwise Radio. I can’t wait to hear what Eve comes out with, I hope it’s soon.
LM



No comments:

Post a Comment