Thursday, May 31, 2012

Rapper Ice Meez Song (Occupy)

The Occupy Movement started in September 17, 2011 in Zuccotti Park, located in New York City's Wall Street financial district. Adbusters a Canadian activist group started the protest. This sparked an around the world Occupy Movement protests. The 99 percent’s main issues are social and economic inequality, greed, corruption and the undue influence of corporations on government; especially the financial services sector. Occupy Movement is also protesting how the growing income inequality and wealth distribution in the U.S. between the wealthiest 1% and the rest of the 99 percent of the population. This underground rapper from Fairfield California, by the name of Ice Meez has a song out called “Occupy”. Ice Meez song Occupy features Young Gully, Moe Green, P-Child, they are speaking the truth about the Occupy Movement that is going on. I’m so feeling this song. This should be the Occupy Movements anthem. This song is saying everything the Occupy Movement is protesting. I think this song should be played on the on-air stations, because it is something positive that people need to hear. Since it is not, our Internet radio station Streetwise Radio will be playing the Occupy Anthem. I want to give mad props to the Ice Meez, Young Gully, Moe Green and P-Child. Thanks for the message.


Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Chuck Brown (August 22, 1936 – May 16, 2012)

Legendary Chuck Brown of Chuck Brown and the Soul Searcher passed away due to pneumonia and multiple organ failure. He was known as “the Godfather of Go-go. The Go-go originated in the Washington, D.C. area in the 1970s it is the subgenre of funk music. I was fortunate to see Chuck Brown live in person, when I was visiting the Baltimore, Maryland and Washington, D.C. area in 1983. I remember the days of the house parties, if you wanted to get the party started put on a Chuck Brown song. Nelly used the music from Chuck Brown’s “Bustin Loose” song, on his number one hit song “Hot in Here”. Chuck Brown was funky. His songs “Bustin Loose”, “Funky”, “It Don’t Mean A Thing” and “Go-go” will always be his trade mark. I also liked the song “Misty”. He put his Go-go swing style on it. Chuck Brown influenced other Go- go bands like Big G and The Backyard Band, Rare Essence, Experience Unlimited, Little Benny and the Masters, and Trouble Funk. In 2009, T Street in Northwest Washington, DC was renamed “Chuck Brown Way”. Chuck Brown will always be the one and only Godfather of the Go- go, he will be missed, but his funky Go-go style of music will live on through the bands that he has influenced. R.I.P Chuck Brown!


Friday, May 4, 2012

B.O.B. – Strange Clouds

The first time I ever heard of B.o.B. was in 2010 when I was riding in the car with my son listening to the song “Nothin On You“ .and I said is that Bruno Mars? He said yes..B.o.B., I really liked it. I started listen to B.o.B. he has had main stream success with his the songs “Nothin On You” and “So Good” .were made for the radio. B.o.B. released a new CD in April 2012 called Strange Clouds, this CD has a little something for the true rap fan and something for people like me who likes to sing along to catchy melodies and choruses. The songs I like on this CD are “Castles”, “Where Are You (B.o.B. vs. Bobby Ray)”, “Bombs Away (feat. Morgan Freeman)”, “Arena”, “So Good”, “Circles” and “So Hard to Breathe”, the rest of the songs on the CD are good as well. B.o.B seems to have fans of different ages like me who can appreciate his versatility. I feel you should be versatile singer, so that way you will be around for a long time. I give this CD 4 out of 5 stars. You can listen to B.o.B. on Streetwise Radio or MyGen365, live365, Athena365 and I-Tunes.