Sunday, February 7, 2016

Beauty Behind the Madness By The Weeknd










I had never heard of The Weeknd until I heard his song “Can’t Feel My Face”. My discovery of The Weeknd happened, while riding in the car with my husband. He was listening to The Weeknd because his band was doing his song. I asked who is that, he said “you haven’t heard of The Weeknd”. I can’t believe I had missed him. While listening to this album, the only songs I like is “Can’t Feel My Face”. Being of an older generation, he has a variety of enjoyable music from his previous work. Some of his songs are explicit but this young man is way too talented to resort to such language in is music. I like the eerie sound and the dancing beat of his music. This soon to be 26 year olds given name is Abęl Makkonen Tesfaye and is of Ethiopian descent. What I like about The Weeknd is he isn’t afraid to be himself and put himself out there. He was previously touring in the San Francisco, San Jose and Oakland. DJ Michael Ealey had the pleasure of seeing him in concert. He was part of the press, so he got to meet him. Michael said he was real nice and humble guy. The Weeknd will be around for a longtime, if he stays true to himself.
LM


No comments:

Post a Comment